Find Storage Facilities & Units in Orange, CA
1starting at $43 per monthExtra Space Storage 15875 Laguna Canyon Rd
Irvine CA, 92618 1.44 miles away
2starting at $43 per monthExtra Space Storage 6401 Oak Cyn
Irvine CA, 92618 2.03 miles away
3starting at $50 per monthExtra Space Storage 66 Tesla
Irvine CA, 92618 3.25 miles away
4starting at $43 per monthExtra Space Storage 9300 Research Dr
Irvine CA, 92618 3.30 miles away
5starting at $45 per monthExtra Space Storage 3125 Warner Ave
Irvine CA, 92606 3.36 miles away
about Orange storage
Finding Storage in Orange, California
Looking for self storage in Orange, CA? Welcome to Storage.com! We’re here to help you find the storage solution you need. Our site is optimized to help you search, compare, and rent storage within minutes based on features such as location, unit size, price, and amenities. When you find the storage unit for you, reserving it is easy - you can rent it right here at Storage.com!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN ORANGE
Whether you’re moving to Orange from out of town, relocating for employment opportunities, attending school, need more space at home, or need to store your recreational vehicles, Storage.com is here to help you find the Orange storage unit that fits your needs and belongings.
Relocating to Orange
Orange is a cool city to live in - and we're not talking about the weather. Orange is a lively city with pleasant weather all year long, a strong local economy, and a fascinating history. With major employers including UC Irvine Medical Center, St. Joseph Hospital, Children’s Hospital, Orange Country Transportation Authority, Chapman University, AECOM, National Oilwell Varco, and Sybron Dental Specialities, there are a variety of employment opportunities not matter what industry you’re interested in. With a number of job opportunities for residents, great neighborhoods like El Modena, Orange Park Acres, and Central Orange, Orange has a lot to offer its residents.
Relocating is often an exciting experience. However, transitioning into a new home can be stressful. Rent a storage unit in Orange to help ease the strain of moving. You’ll be able to store all of your household belongings in your storage unit while you’re finding the perfect place to live, and once you’ve found a new home, you can take your time unpacking everything from your storage unit into your new place.
Helpful storage features when relocating:
- Climate Control: If you’re using self storage during the summer months, consider an Orange storage facility that offers climate-controlled units. Excessive heat and humidity can damage sensitive belongings like electronics, photos, wood furniture, and more. A unit with climate control will keep your things resting comfortably between 55-85°F with low humidity, ensuring that any of your heat-sensitive belongings are safe during Orange’s hot summers.
- Drive-Up Access: Ease the moving process by renting an Orange storage unit with drive-up access. Drive-up units help streamline the moving process by allowing you to drive a truck right up to the door of your unit, making loading and unloading heavy or bulky items much more manageable.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Look for a storage facility in Orange that offers weekly or monthly rental agreements. This way you’re not stuck in a lease and paying for storage longer than you need it.
Living in Downtown Orange
Downtown Orange is a great place to live. In addition to the gorgeous climate, Old Towne (aka Downtown) is known for it’s concentration of historic buildings that has something for everyone. If you’re a fan of the arts, culture, sports, or local history, then you’ll never be bored living downtown with Orange Plaza, the Lewis Ainsworth House, and the Orange International Street Fair all within reach.
However, an ideal downtown location comes at a high cost where residents often have to choose between a smaller living space in the right neighborhood or moving away from the city center to gain enough square footage while staying in their budget. This is where Orange mini storage is a valuable asset to help Old Towne residents fit comfortably in their homes.
Self storage amenities to consider when living in Downtown Orange:
- Downtown Location: You likely chose to live downtown because of its easy access to everything, so logically your storage unit should be easily accessible too. Proximity is key when using self storage to expand your living space, so look for a storage facility in Downtown Orange.
- Facility Security: If you’re storing valuables in a downtown storage unit, you’ll want to make sure they’re safe. All storage facilities offer basic security amenities including gated access and unit locks. If you’d like a little more protection for your peace of mind, look for a storage facility that offers advanced security measures such as on-site maintenance, video surveillance, and alarmed units.
- Unit Size: Measure your belongings before renting a storage unit to make sure you’re getting the right amount of square footage for your needs. Storage units in Orange start at $15 per month and they range from a closet size 5x5 unit to a multi-car garage size 20x30 unit for outdoor vehicle parking for cars, boats, and RVs. Pick the right size depending on your needs. If you’re not sure what the right size is, take a look at our interactive storage unit size guide or call our call center to speak with one of our storage experts for more information.
Self Storage for College Students
Orange is home to the many students attending Chapman University and other local institutions. Learning to live in cramped, close quarters with any number of roommates and your combined belongings is one of the biggest challenges college students face.
Whether you’re living on campus in a residence hall or you’re sharing an apartment off campus with a few roommates, the struggle is real when it comes to finding enough space for your belongings. Instead of finding a more spacious and expensive apartment, or downsizing your possessions, consider a storage unit in Orange for the things you don't use on a daily basis.
Recreational equipment, seasonal clothing, and extra furniture take up valuable space that you don’t have to spare, so store them in Orange mini storage until they’re needed. If you’re going home for the summer, save yourself the stress of moving everything home only to move it back to school three months later by storing everything in an Orange storage unit until August.
Helpful storage features for college students to consider:
- Unit Size: For storing college essentials like bedding, a mini-fridge, school supplies, and dorm room decor, a 5x5 or 5x10 unit should do the trick. A 5x5 unit starts at $15 per month in Orange with larger units going up in price. Consider sharing a unit with friends or roommates to make your storage solution more budget-friendly.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Look for a storage facility in Orange that offers flexible leases allowing you to rent on a monthly or weekly basis. This way you’re only play for storage when you need it.
- Climate Control: If you’re storing your belongings over the summer months, look for a storage facility in Orange with climate-controlled units. Excessive heat and humidity can damage sensitive items like books, wood furniture, electronics, and more. A climate-controlled unit protects your belongings from the heat by resting between 55-85°F with low humidity.
Auto, Boat,& RV Storage in Orange
Orange is an awesome city to enjoy the sun out on the open road. With venues like Orange Plaza, the Orange County Zoo, Tucker Wildlife Sanctuary, and Irvine Regional Park, there is no shortage of places to take your bike, boat, car, or RV for a cruise in California. When you’re not cruising around the town, it can be a challenge to find space for them at home. Orange vehicle storage makes it easy to store all of your fun vehicles so they’re safely out of the way and ready for your next adventure.
Storage options for vehicles include:
- Outdoor Storage: This is the most affordable option and offers no protection from the elements.
- Covered Storage: Slightly more expensive, covered storage provides some shelter from the elements.
- Indoor Storage: This option is the most expensive, but it provides total protection from the elements.
Additional vehicle storage features to consider:
- Climate Control: If you’re storing heat-sensitive vehicles in your storage unit, like a classic car, salvaged boat, or vintage motorcycle, then consider a climate-controlled unit. California is known for its hot, humid climate and a climate-controlled unit will help protect your temperature-sensitive items. Climate control keeps your unit resting comfortably between 55-85°F with low humidity, ensuring your vehicles are not damaged.
- Facility Security: All storage facilities have basic security standards, including gated access and unit locks. If you’re looking for a little extra security, consider an Orange storage facility with more advanced security measures like alarmed units, on-site management, and video surveillance.
RENT YOUR ORANGE STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thanks for visiting Storage.com to explore your self storage options. If you’ve found the Orange self storage you need, you can make your reservation right here on our site, or you can call in to speak with a storage representative.