Find Storage Facilities & Units in Elk Grove, CA
about Elk Grove storage
Finding Storage in Elk Grove, California
Welcome to Storage.com! If you're in need of self storage in Elk Grove, you've come to the right place. You can compare facility locations, unit sizes, pricing, amenities, and more. Once you find a good fit for your storage needs, you can reserve your Elk Grove storage unit directly through our site.
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN ELK GROVE
Self storage is the perfect solution for any storage need. Whether you're moving to a new home, running a business in a small building, attending college nearby, or looking for somewhere to keep a vehicle, Elk Grove mini storage can help.
Relocating to Elk Grove
Located south of Sacramento, Elk Grove's population has approximately doubled since 2000. In 2005, it was the fastest-growing city in the nation, and it's still trending upward, currently estimated at more than 160,000. Business opportunities have driven Elk Grove's growth. The technology sector is notable largely due to Apple, which has a facility in Elk Grove and employs more than 2,500 people in the area. Innovative health care companies in the Sacramento area are also expanding with operations in Elk Grove and plans for large campuses.
As you're making the transition into this rapidly-developing city, self storage can be a useful relocation tool. For many movers, a new job often begins before a permanent home has been found. In this situation, an Elk Grove storage unit can help, as you'll have a place to keep all of your possessions until you can get settled.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: When moving heavy furniture or appliances, having a unit with drive-up access means you can pull your car or moving truck right up to your unit, minimizing your loading or unloading work.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: When relocating, you usually won't need to store all of your things for a long period of time. Find an Elk Grove storage facility with weekly or monthly rental periods.
- Climate Control: Valuable items like electronics and antiques are sensitive to temperature and humidity changes. Climate-controlled storage keeps your unit at a moderate temperature and humidity level to ward off damage caused by extreme heat, cold, and humidity.
Using Storage for Business
Old Town Elk Grove is the downtown of the city, featuring live music and exciting festivals like the Old Town Elk Grove Chili Festival and Dickens' Street Fair, all of which bring out local and commercial vendors. As the heart of the city, Old Town is becoming the place to dine and shop, partially because several Elk Grove organizations are dedicated to promoting and supporting locally-owned and operated businesses in the area. The restaurant scene in particular has been popular and fueled much of Old Town's resurgence, but retailers are opening shops as well.
The only problem with running a business in the downtown area is that there's not much space for growth. This is where an Elk Grove storage facility can help. Businesses can use storage space to store extra inventory, supplies, documents, and other items that they might not have room for, allowing them to keep their downtown retail space.
Storage features to consider for business storage:
- Facility Security: Your business is your livelihood, and you want to keep it as safe as possible after investing so much of your life and resources into it. Advanced security features like on-site management, video surveillance, gated access, and alarmed units will protect any of the items you're storing for your business.
- 24-Hour Access: If you run your own business, it's probably more than a nine-to-five commitment, so you may want to look for an Elk Grove storage unit that allows access at nontraditional hours.
- Business Amenities: If you're going to be doing any work in the unit itself, you may also want to find a facility that offers Wi-Fi and electrical outlets.
College Student Storage
California State University Sacramento and University of California-Davis are well-known schools in the Sacramento area. Combined, these schools draw nearly 64,000 students to the area, many of whom live on campus.
While living in dorm rooms and residence halls is great during college because students are close to the excitement, space is limited in campus housing. Because of this, some students rent mini storage in Elk Grove (which is about half an hour away from Sacramento) to keep items they don't need year-round out of the way. Though storing in Elk Grove isn't as convenient as storing at a facility near campus, it often means cheaper prices.
Another reason why students turn to self storage in Elk Grove is that they can keep everything near school when they head home for summer break. This makes it easier on students who have to travel hundreds or thousands of miles back home with all of their stuff each summer, as they can just leave belongings in storage until next fall.
Storage features to consider for college storage:
- Climate Control: Summer is a common time for students to find themselves in need of storage, which means heat and humidity could take a toll on sensitive items, such as electronics, paper documents, and clothing.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: While some students may need to store some items for all of their college years, a lot of students just need to put things away for a few weeks or months while they're out of the dorms. Don't spend more money than necessary; look for month-to-month rentals.
- Unit Size: Don't rent a storage unit that's larger than you need. A 5x5 unit is big enough for a mattress set, small furniture, and boxes.
Elk Grove's weather is fairly nice throughout the year, but summers can see highs in the 100s and winters can see quite a bit of precipitation. For classic car, sports car, and motorcycle owners, this means certain times of the year aren't best for driving special vehicles. But where to store them? An additional vehicle takes up usable garage space, but you also don't want to leave your precious roadster or hog out in your driveway, where it's susceptible to weather-related damages, vandalism, or theft. Again, a storage facility in Elk Grove is the answer.
With Elk Grove vehicle storage, you can safely store your car or motorcycle. With options ranging from outdoor storage to covered parking and indoor storage, you're able to pick the kind of protection you want.
Storage features to consider for vehicle storage:
- Climate Control: Although California's weather is nice, climate-controlled storage in Elk Grove can protect your classic car from rust, corrosion, and other aging that could damage its quality.
- Storage Security: Your vehicles are expensive investments, and you don't want anything happening to them. Find storage facilities that offer features like gated access, on-site management, and video surveillance.
- 24-Hour Access: If you like staying out late on the roads or getting up early for a drive, you don't want a storage facility that's only open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
RENT YOUR ELK GROVE STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thanks for using Storage.com! If you've found a storage unit that suits you, reserve it through our site! If you have concerns or questions, call in to speak to one of our storage representatives.