Find Storage Facilities & Units in Bakersfield, CA
1starting at $29 per monthStorQuest Self Storage 4601 White Lane
Bakersfield CA, 93309 3.94 miles away
2starting at $47 per monthNorth Chester Mini Storage 700 James Rd
Bakersfield CA, 93308 5.54 miles away
3starting at $30 per monthStoragePro - All American Self Storage 9340 Panama Lane
Bakersfield CA, 93311 6.92 miles away
about Bakersfield storage
Finding Storage in Bakersfield, California
Do you need self storage in Bakersfield, California? Our site helps you search, find, and rent storage units within minutes. Compare units based on price, location, size, and features. Whatever your storage needs, Storage.com has the answer!
COMMON REASONS FOR USING SELF STORAGE IN BAKERSFIELD, CA
Relocating to Bakersfield
With a warm climate and rich history, Bakersfield attracts many visitors and new residents each year. Kern County's business-friendly policies and low sales taxes make it a popular location for many companies in the oil, agriculture, and manufacturing industries. One-tenth of U.S. oil production comes from Kern County. Other companies like State Farm Insurance and ProSoft Technology have a large presence in Bakersfield. Many large commercial produce companies and food processing plants are also located in the area. In fact, Dreyer's Grand Ice Cream operates the largest ice cream facility in the world in Bakersfield!
With so many employers from a wide variety of industries located in Bakersfield and a lower cost of living than many other communities in the region, the area is a popular choice for many people who want to live in Southern California. Relocating to a new city can be stressful enough without having to worry about finding a place to keep your belongings while you search for a new place to live. Keeping your belongings in a Bakersfield storage unit can help ease the burden of the move, so you have more time to find the right place. Flexible leases allow you to keep your items in a unit as long as you need, so you can coordinate move-in dates and gain some extra time for moving into your new home.
Storage features to consider when relocating:
- Drive-Up Access: Easily unload your heavy furniture and appliances by renting a unit with drive-up access. Then, you can drive your car or rental truck right up to your storage unit and unload directly into your unit.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Hopefully finding a home in Bakersfield won't take long. With flexible leases, you can keep your belongings in a storage unit for as long as you need without paying for more time than you actually use.
- Advanced Security: Since you'll be storing the majority of your possessions, you'll want to know they're safe in your unit. Look for Bakersfield storage facilities with advanced security features like video surveillance, unit alarms, or on-site management.
Storage for College Students
Many students move to Bakersfield to attend one of the local colleges, including California State University, Bakersfield, Bakersfield College, and the Bakersfield campus of the Santa Barbara Business School. No matter which school you decide to attend, moving to a new city for school is a big step in life.
As you set up a new lifestyle at your school, you will naturally accumulate furnishings and other belongings. What should you do with that stuff when school is not in session? You may want to rent a storage unit in Bakersfield to make school breaks easier. Many students rent Bakersfield mini storage for the summer so that they don't have to move their furnishings and school necessities home, just to move it back a few months later. Finding a Bakersfield storage facility close to your campus can save you a lot of time and effort in May and August.
Even if students are living in an apartment off-campus, space can be limited when living with several roommates, so students may like more room for sports equipment or other bulky items. When summer break arrives, they may move out of their current apartments, head home, and find new places for the next school year. In these situations, a Bakersfield storage locker can make college life a lot easier.
Storage features for college students to consider:
- Unit Size: Measure your belongings to determine what size unit you need to rent. You may only need a 5x5 unit for dorm room items, but if you have a futon or couch and more belongings, you may need a 5x10.
- Short-Term Rental Agreement: Search for storage facilities with weekly or monthly leases so you don't pay for storage longer than you need it.
- Climate Control: If you're storing items over the summer, you will want to look for a Bakersfield storage unit with climate control. This feature regulates temperatures and humidity levels in the unit to protect your belongings.
- Student Deals: Some facilities offer a free moving truck with unit rental, or free rent for the first month, so look for promotional deals to save money.
With a great climate year round, Bakersfield offers many ways to stay active. Situated near Sequoia National Forest and the Greenhorn Mountain Range, the area provides residents with many trails and paths for hiking, biking, and backpacking. Grab you golf clubs and check out one of the many golf courses in the city, then spend the day walking through the California Living Museum or the Buena Vista Museum of National History. Kern River runs through Bakersfield and is a great place for fishing, kayaking, and whitewater rafting. When you aren't using your equipment, you can store it in a Bakersfield storage locker until you are ready to pull it out again.
Storage features to consider for recreational equipment:
- 24-Hour Access: You never know when the urge for adventure will come. Look for Bakersfield storage facilities with 24-hour access so you can come and go as you please.
- Proximity: Find a storage unit near your home or near your favorite park or trail so you can grab your equipment and get to your destination quickly.
Boat, RV, and Vehicle Storage
Southern California offers a wealth of recreational opportunities in the region surrounding Bakersfield. Drive up to Lake Isabella in the Sequoia National Forest and waterski, fish, and swim, then stay and camp for the weekend. Watch drag races at Auto Club Famoso Speedway or dirt racing at Bakersfield Speedway. To get out of the city, drive down to Los Angeles and Santa Monica beach, or explore Death Valley National Park and Yosemite.
Finding a place to store your bigger equipment at home can be difficult. Renting a storage unit for your boat, RV, or car is a great way to keep your big equipment safe and out of the way.
Storage features to consider for vehicles:
- 24-Hour Access: You never know how long trip will last. Search for self storage in Bakersfield with 24-hour access so you can get to your storage unit whenever it's convenient for you.
- Security: Find storage facilities with gated access, video surveillance, or on-site management so you know that your belongings are kept safe.
More options for vehicle storage:
- Outdoor storage is the most affordable option, but provides no protection from the elements.
- Covered storage is a little more expensive, but provides some protection from the weather.
- Indoor storage is the most expensive, but provides total protection from the weather and theft.
RENT YOUR BAKERSFIELD STORAGE UNIT TODAY!
Thank you for visiting Storage.com to find Bakersfield self storage. If you've found the perfect space, rent your unit right here on our site, or call in to speak to a representative today.